Specialist Assessor | Auckland
- Do you have a curious and questioning mind?
- Great mix of analytical tasks and relationship management
- Perform the tasks of a lead Auditor
- Auckland location
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
It's the NZ Transport Agency's responsibility to manage the collection of revenue including Road User Charges and Regional Fuel Tax. The purpose of the Specialist Assessor role is to perform the necessary audit activities to determine compliance with the relevant legislation for these activities.
You enjoy working autonomously, methodically and have great attention to detail, to successfully check for compliance and to investigate irregularities. A key responsibility will be to proactively interact with commercial entities to explain requirements and effectively manage case files to analyse and assess data.
You will have experience in a similar role, (ideally but not necessarily within Government) and bring an understanding of legislation to provide high quality and timely advice to a range of stakeholders. So, your confidence and ability to build and maintain positive working relationships will be key to your success.
If you enjoy working with numbers and showcasing your analytical skills, then this is for you!
What you will bring
- Experience of working with, and the ability to interpret legislation practical understanding of revenue collection with the ability to impart relevant advice on this & industry matters
- Proven experience in a similar role working with spreadsheets
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to successfully manage relationships and at times challenging situations
- Demonstrable experience of interviewing techniques and accounting procedures
- Sound knowledge of how financial systems work and a good understanding of business compliance issues
- Strong analytical skills and high levels of accuracy
- Manage a small audit team as needed
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable, although not essential
- Possession of qualifications in investigative, auditing, interviewing & negotiation techniques would be an advantage
- A current & valid NZ drivers licence is required due to the travel requirements of this role
Applications close: Thursday, 25 July 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand
Specialist Assessor REG PD July 2019.pdf (PDF, 926KB)
Follow us on