Principal Advisor Communications and Engagement | Auckland
Principal Advisor Communications and Engagement
The Governance, Stakeholders and Communications group leads effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement, governance and reputation management.
The communications and engagement team drives internal and external communication and engagementfor a range of projects and programmes across our organisation. We help people understand where we are heading, what our culture is and the difference we make to New Zealand, through sharing information, starting conversations and listening to our people, customers, stakeholders and partners.
The purpose of this role is to help connect people with the Transport Agency to deliver great outcomes for New Zealanders, ensure a continued social licence to operate and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. This is a senior role within the Auckland and Northland engagement and communications team.
Join a successful, highly valued team where you can use your stakeholder, communication, engagement and influencing skills to shape outcomes and leave positive legacies for communities.
You could be working to engage with communities in the planning and design of projects and programmes of work such as the Waterview Connection and Northern Corridor Improvements, to ensure they have a good understanding of the objectives and impacts of our work and can genuinely influence outcomes, or overseeing the communication and engagement of projects that are in construction, providing strategic and technical communications and engagement advice to internal teams including leadership.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Previous experience or ability to demonstrate understanding of working for a government organisation
- Ability to identify and resolve complex risks and ambiguous situations
- Experience in developing, executing and evaluating public engagement programmes to shape project development and outcomes
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related discipline
- Training or qualification in IAP2 is desirable but not essential
Applications close: Thursday the 25th of July 2019
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below.
To apply, click on “Apply for this job” below
If you have any question, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Advisor - Comms and Engagement.pdf (PDF, 1.09MB)
Follow us on