Principal Advisor, Communications and Engagement | Manawatu
Principal Advisor, Communications and Engagement
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Governance, Stakeholders and Communications team support effective engagement and communications with our staff as well as a range of stakeholders, partners and customers. The communications and engagement team support the business by providing internal and external communication and engagement support and advice. We help people understand where we are heading, what our culture is and the difference we make to New Zealand, through sharing information, starting conversations and listening to our people, customers, stakeholders and partners.
The purpose of this role is to lead the communications and engagement for the construction of Te Ahu a Turanga: Manawatū Tararua Highway project as it moves into the delivery phase. This role will work within the Alliance team, based in Palmerston North, and will champion the NZ Transport Agency's reputation by leading and delivering best practice engagement and communications, while applying a keen risk radar. You'll offer coaching and advice to drive our strategic approach and provide communications planning and delivery so that all people with an interest in Te Ahu a Turanga feel involved and informed during the delivery of this critical transport project.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at a senior or principal advisor level
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting technically complex information clearly and simply
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills e.g. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Political acumen, and the proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Leadership experience
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment or across multiple agencies
- Experience or an understanding of consenting, engineering and construction processes and people is desirable
- A tertiary qualification in communications or a related discipline
- Training or qualification in IAP2 is desirable but not essential
Applications close: Wednesday the 24th July, 2019
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below.
To apply, click on “Apply for this job” below
If you have any question, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Advisor - Comms and Engagement TATP.pdf (PDF, 1.09MB)
Follow us on