Senior Investment Advisor | Auckland
Senior Investment Advisor
- Showcase your business case and policy skills
- Advise and influence a range of projects
- Belong to an organisation that makes a difference to New Zealanders
- Auckland location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep New Zealand moving".
The System Design and Delivery (SDD) business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
This is a great opportunity to own and support the transport investment assurance process, and to lead and drive good business practices. You will provide advice and support to influence transport investment and ensure the achievement of desired multi- modal transport outcomes for New Zealand.
The Senior Advisor role sits within our System Design and Delivery team and works closely with our external partners to work through the business case process, providing advice and then presenting the funding papers to senior decision makers at the Agency.
An important part of this role will be to provide clear and consistent advice at various stages of the project approval process from business base funding through to implementation. Your exceptional communication skills will be the key to your success, as you provide assurance that investments are value for money and meeting the Agency's strategic objectives.
We are looking for a confident self-starter who enjoys networking with stakeholders and thrives on working collaboratively to achieve successful outcomes.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Solid experience in developing business cases is highly desirable
- Proven experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders
- A strong understanding of Government policy and legislation, ideally in a transport sector
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically thinking
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills
- Ability to bring together multiple perspectives
- Exception written and verbal communication skills
Applications close: 25 June 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
Senior Investment Advisor - SDD - PD June 2019.pdf (PDF, 822KB)
Follow us on