Principal Investment Advisor | Wellington
Principal Investment Advisor
- Do you want to utilise your deep knowledge in economics and business case analysis?
- Are you an outstanding mentor, coach and collaborator?
- Wellington based
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Investment & Finance group manages the Agency's investment and financial management systems, and provides on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
The Investment Assurance team provides the value for money oversight and assurance over all the Agency's investments so that the business plan, programmes and significant investments reflect value for money and expected benefits are realised.
The Principal Investment Advisor provides technical expertise and leadership to ensure value for money. We are looking for an outstanding collaborator who is a master at influencing and shaping positive outcomes. Your investment assurance will help provide robust information for decision makers. You will share your knowledge and experience within your team, across the Agency and stakeholders including other government agencies.
To be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- Technical expertise in economic evaluation, financial analysis, and/or investment evaluation
- Effective systems thinking and understanding of assessment and evaluation tools
- Successful experience reviewing and improving complex business cases and processes in collaboration with others
- Proven skills in establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with a range of customers and key stakeholders
- Experience in coaching/mentoring others
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close: 30 May 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand
Principal Investment Advisor I&F PD May 2019_.pdf (PDF, 888KB)
Follow us on