Project Manager | Wellington
- A rare permanent opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Design Customer Services team
- Collaborate on a variety of project initiatives
- Join a dynamic, highly interactive team located in Wellington
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and are keen to make a difference for New Zealanders. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Design Customer Services team looks to enhance our services such as licensing and registration by improving the current system and introducing change initiatives where needed and rolling out new services and changes to existing services. The team is very aware of changes in our environment such as evolving technology and customer needs, and the drive to balance these factors with our overarching goal of ensuring safety in New Zealand's transport system.
As a Project Manager you will deliver business change initiatives within the Transport Agency. Bringing effective leadership and project management skills, you will achieve the completion of projects on-time within budget and within scope. Playing a key role in a highly experienced and professional team, you will be involved in the successful development and delivery of new projects ensuring they are aligned to agreed design, direction, values, standards and frameworks.
You will establish and manage assigned projects ensuring the customer and safety is at the forefront of our thinking, planning, communications, design and implementation throughout the project delivery lifecycle. You will also be accountable for day-to-day management to ensure the successful delivery of project work including direction, scope, quality, resourcing and reporting.
This is a great opportunity to enhance and grow your Project Management skills. You will have the opportunity to get involved in investigative work and the development of a pipeline of projects, implementing new change initiatives or improving existing processes and projects.
You will demonstrate your highly successful relationship and stakeholder management skills and experience to interact collaboratively, fully engaging stakeholders from project initiate to close.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders, and developing and delivering effective project management communication is essential
- Significant experience in a project management environment, ideally with experience working on complex business programmes and projects
- Demonstrable experience reviewing key project documentation and working with teams to deliver quality outputs
- Experience in using relevant systems in a project environment, ideally with PlanView, SAP, TIO or relevant financial systems
- Exposure to Government frameworks and an understanding of the “Better business case approach” would be advantageous.
- Qualified in a range of project management methodologies and frameworks, for example; Prince2, Agile, SCRUM master.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary, a fabulous and committed team and an excellent working environment. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close: 25th of June 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Project Manager Ops - PD - April 2019.pdf (PDF, 947KB)
Follow us on