Senior Project Manager (Complex) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Project Manager (Complex) - Glen - May 2019.pdf (PDF, 705KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2019|
- Manage large and complex projects in the greater Wellington area and around NZ where required
- Projects may include: Wellington Northern Corridor RoNS works, Transmission Gully Revocation works, projects related to ‘Let's Get Wellington Moving' etc.
- Located in the Wellington area
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in the future.
As the Senior Project Manager (Complex) you will be working with the System Design and Delivery business group reporting to the Principal Project Manager. The focus of the System Design and Delivery group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
This role has a high degree of autonomy and you will be working with a strong, outcome-focused team. Within the team, there is excellent career development and training opportunities.
As Senior Project Manager (Complex), you will lead and deliver the forward work plan for capital transport projects and contribute to the Transport Agency's vision of efficiently delivering an integrated, safe, responsive and sustainable transport system, to create great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
This is a unique opportunity to use your advanced engineering and management skills to contribute to the planning and development of multi-modal transport networks in New Zealand. The role is multi-facetted, requiring strong leadership qualities to manage our suppliers' project teams. Working in the Project Delivery Team, this will involve close collaboration and engagement with other teams in the Transport Agency, local authorities, and a variety of stakeholders and development partners. This is where your strong relationship skills will come to the fore.
As a Senior Project Manager (Complex) you will think and work strategically, drawing on your extensive project management and leadership experience to ensure that the forward work plan for the capital transport projects you are involved in contribute to the Transport Agency's vision of creating safer journeys for New Zealanders. The work we do will truly make a difference to New Zealanders.
This position is located in Wellington and its projects are located in the greater Wellington area. You will most likely work on the following projects amongst others:
- Wellington Northern Corridor RoNS works
- Transmission Gully Revocation works
- Projects related to ‘Let's Get Wellington Moving'
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will offer:
- At least 10 years' experience in project management, including programme, financial and risk management, preferably in the transport sector
- The ability to develop projects by applying a strong understanding of legislation and the business case approach
- Experience in managing contracts within the civil engineering industry and a sound understanding of NZS3910 and NZS3916
- A collaborative and team focussed approach to project development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience in engaging with both internal and external stakeholders
An engineering qualification and project management experience within the transport/engineering sector is desirable, as is a Chartered Professional Engineering qualification (CPEng or. equivalent) and a chartered membership of Engineering New Zealand.
This position will require you to travel within New Zealand
Applications close: 21st August 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.