Personal Assistant | Wellington
- Bring your diary management experience and your proactive approach
- Be part of an organisation that supports its people and encourages them to grow and offers fantastic opportunities for career development
- Showcase your excellent communication skills
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Business Support team sits within the People business group, whose purpose is to develop and manage people related systems, processes and practices. Our team focuses on ensuring that everyone at the Transport Agency has access to great workplace facilities, tools and equipment to help them do their job and support them as they go about their work - our team is key to making the Transport Agency a great place to work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Personal Assistant who is approachable, flexible and has a high level of personal integrity. In this role, you will provide timely, accurate and effective personal assistance support to the senior managers and teams in one of our business groups by ensuring the smooth running of these teams in a confidential manner.
You will have the opportunity to use your excellent organisational skills and initiative to manage the diaries and emails of our senior managers. Showcase your ability to be proactive by keeping track of action points from meetings and ensuring meeting agendas and minutes are completed to a high standard. You will use your strong communication skills to manage relationships with key stakeholders and customers and if you have financial systems and budgeting experience, you will be able to utilise these in this role.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in senior administration and personal assistance support activities
- Sound judgement, bundles of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise competing timeframes whilst working under pressure
- High standard of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Experience in diary, email and meeting management for senior managers
- Discreet and tactful when dealing with confidential, commercially sensitive and personal work related information
- Experience in looking for and implementing business process improvement
- Strong team skills and ability to foster and build relationships
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Travel Booking and coordination
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Wednesday 27 March 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Personal Assistant February 2019.pdf (PDF, 932KB)
Follow us on