Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement | Wellington
Senior Advisor, Communications and Engagement
- Make a real difference to road safety
- Work in a supportive collaborative environment
- Wellington location
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of Great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
The purpose of the Governance, Stakeholders and Communications Group is to lead effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement with stakeholders and communities, governance and reputation management.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, Partnership programmes and campaigns, the Senior Advisor Communications and Engagement helps connect people with the Transport Agency and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications.
You'll provide strategic communications planning and delivery for the Safe Network Programme based in the Wellington region so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals.
What you will bring
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e: event management, marketing communications, and stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- Previous experience or interest in the areas of safety and/or environment will be useful
If you think you have what it takes to join us on this journey we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 27 March 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Advisor March 2018.pdf (PDF, 871KB)
Follow us on