Data Warehouse Analyst | Wellington
Data Warehouse Analyst
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our broader business intelligence initiative
- Bring your extensive experience in data and analytics
- Apply best practice principles around data management
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Customer Experience and Behaviour team, part of the Operations group, is about using data and information, research and analytics and customer-centric design and support to ensure the customer drives everything we do. They collect data and information to design great customer experiences, use research and analytics to help understand our customers and their needs and they connect with the wider Transport Agency to improve the journeys of our customers through education and behaviour change.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with our data scientists and analytical teams to develop data outputs that enable fast and high-quality outputs. The NZ Transport Agency sees data science and broader analytical capability as a key building block to delivering on our strategic objectives.
The Data Warehouse Analyst will be responsible for providing the linkage between our data warehouse and analytical teams, working with the analytics teams to understand requirements before assisting with the development of data warehouse presentation assets which meet these requirements. You'll have experience from another ‘data rich' organisation, in either data analysis or data warehousing (or both!), to enable you to hit the ground running.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in data and analytics, with exposure to product sets such as R, SQL, Python, Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Data Warehouse ETL experience preferably in a “big data” environment
- A good understanding of data warehouse concepts, including previous experience analysing, defining and structuring complex business rules
- Experience with requirements gathering and data analysis, with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Experience in data modelling and design including star schema and data vault.
- Understanding of what is necessary to develop high quality reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in building and fostering relationships and the ability to build trust easily
- The ability to adapt and pick up new systems quickly
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and attention to detail skills
- A proven ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- An excellent customer service ethos
Applications close 25 June 2019
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Data Warehouse Analyst Ops PD May 2019.pdf (PDF, 740KB)
Follow us on