Finance Officer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Financial Officer I&F PD July 2018.pdf (PDF, 870KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Apr-2019|
- Bring your experience in a financial processing environment
- Opportunity to showcase your initiative and enthusiasm for process improvement
- Wellington based
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Investment and Finance group manages the Transport Agency's investment and financial management systems, and provides on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
The purpose of these roles is to assist with all activities in relation to the timely processing of the Transport Agency's financial transactions and reconciliations, ensuring the organisation makes optimal use of the processing systems in accordance with the financial control environment.
We are looking for three people to join our busy financial processing team to process accounts payable, receivable, cash management, property and asset management transactions. You will have strong analytical and numerical skills and ideally have some experience in a financial processing environment, so you understand the basic principles of accounting/systems accounting from an operational perspective. You will use your customer focus and interpersonal savvy to work with all levels of people across the organisation, as well as with external suppliers. Your enthusiasm and can-do attitude will mean you will look for opportunities to improve and streamline the way we work.
If you have a relevant accounting or business degree but don't have much practical experience, as long as you're a fast learner with good time management skills, this could be the right role for you.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience in a financial processing environment, preferably using large ERP systems
- Strong analytical, numerical, data matching and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy and experience with the Microsoft Office range of applications (e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Solid experience with Visio, Project and ERP systems (SAP preferred) is highly desirable
- A working knowledge and understanding of accounting systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management and the use of subsidiary ledgers in a general ledger environment is highly desirable
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise, work well under pressure and stay calm when dealing with matters of high priority and importance to ensure the demanding needs and challenges of a busy unit are successfully met
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility and adapt quickly to changing circumstances as the need arises
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills a strong customer service focus
- Experience in understanding business processes and utilising these to meet business and customer requirements
- Experience in a service delivery and support role providing a broad range of financial services to a team
Applications close 29 March 2019
Please note that successfully shortlisted candidates will be sent an invitation to complete a SparkHire video interview that will take no more than 10 minutes.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.