Senior Manager Project Delivery | Wellington
Senior Manager Project Delivery
- Lead the delivery of our National Road Construction Projects
- Take the lead role in managing key relationships across the sector
- Wellington or Auckland location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The focus of the System Design and Delivery group is on designing and delivering an integrated transport system, one that reflects the plans and priorities of the Transport Agency and its partners.
As Senior Manager Project Delivery you will lead a national team to deliver complex and major improvement projects. In this role you will have leadership oversight of key national programmes of work including detailed planning, engineering designs and supplier contracts.
In this role you will drive strategic direction across the accountabilities and lead stakeholder relationships to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, and timely delivery of project activities.
This is a key role within System Design and Delivery where you will drive strategic pieces of work through strong leadership and engagement activities within the industry.
Essential skills for this role include:
- Considerable experience in the civil construction industry in a role of comparable scale and breadth and the ability to manage contractor relationships
- Proven senior leadership experience with a focus on bringing people together
- A strong collaborative focus with the ability and desire to mentor, develop and grow talent
- Strong knowledge of procurement models and Project Management
- Proven ability to lead strategic planning and delivery on a large scale
- The ability to be open, transparent and pragmatic when considering solutions
- Proven ability to think creatively and work with others for win-win solutions
Take on a challenge where you can make things happen across the transport industry.
Applications close: 27 March 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Manager Project Delivery PD SDD Feb 2019.pdf (PDF, 938KB)
Follow us on