Financial Planning & Reporting Accountant | Wellington
Financial Planning & Reporting Accountant
- Be part of a supportive and collaborative team
- Bring your accounting knowledge to this specialist role
- Based in Wellington
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
The Investment & Finance group provides critical checks and balances to the Transport Agency's decisions and services - to ensure plans and investments represent best value for money.
In this role you will provide technical advice and support so that the NZ Transport Agency meets its mandatory financial planning, accountancy and reporting requirements. Dealing with our internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis, you will support and coordinate an effective financial reporting regime that ensures timely, accurate, relevant and effective financial reporting for the organisation.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, technically experienced and deadline driven to join our close knit and passionate team.
What you will bring
To be successful here and in this role you will bring:
- Significant financial experience in the government or related sector
- Good understanding of the requirements of public sector accountability and reporting frameworks
- Strong communication skills and the proven ability to present complex financial information to senior managers and Board members
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability in managing both internal and external professional relationships
- CA-ANZ membership or International Equivalent (or working towards)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance or another business related discipline
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close: 14 April 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Follow us on