Transport Advisor - Commercial | Otago
Transport Advisor - Commercial
- Help keep people safe on our roads
- Opportunity to support and contribute to compliance
- Multiple locations: Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Dunedin
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
As Commercial Transport Advisor, you will support the Manager, Road Compliance and the team to embed a culture of compliance amongst transport operators through education, advice, deterrence and where necessary, enforcement.
This is a varied and fast paced role, you will be responsible for workflow planning/oversight, file management, quality control and oversight of the day to day work programme and activities. This role also leads and contributes to innovation for continuous improvement as well as planning a key role in coaching, mentoring and imparting knowledge to staff within the team.
We are looking for a skilled and respected regulatory practitioner, who is confident and can easily build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
What we are looking for
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience of requirements gathering and data analysis, with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Experience developing visual analytics/reporting solutions
- Understanding of what is necessary to develop high quality information products
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication skills and experience fostering relationships and building trust.
- The ability to adapt and pick up new systems quickly
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and attention to detail skills
- Able to multi task and work well under pressure
- Excellent customer service ethos
Applications close : Sunday, 24 March 2019
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Commercial Transport Advisor REG PD March 2019.pdf (PDF, 1.00MB)
Follow us on