Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
Senior Business Analyst
- An opportunity for you to step up and influence the design and development of business change
- Work in a friendly and vibrant environment alongside other people who share your passion
- Flexible location
Do you enjoy keeping up to date with changes in technology, customer expectations, and how digital services can improve the lives of New Zealanders?
We have an opportunity for you to use what you know to help deliver “great journeys to keep New Zealand moving” as part of a varied work programme and are keen to speak with you about it.
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The focus of the Operations group is to provide transport services that enable customers to safely access and operate our road system.
We are looking for three proactive Senior Business Analysts to help lead change that matters to our customers and business. The role influences the design, development and implementation of business change required to deliver on the Transport Agency's business plan.
You will be able to showcase your analytical skills by providing fit-for-purpose Business Analysis services to projects and initiatives, tailoring what you deliver and how you deliver it to business needs. You will ensure relevant stakeholders are identified and consulted about their needs and create relevant project artefacts. Ultimately, you will utilise your customer focused nous to help ensure that the customer is at the forefront of our thinking, planning, engagement, communications, design and implementation throughout the project delivery lifecycle.
If you have any of the following skills or experience, we want to hear from you:
- Business case writing and general technical-to-business writing, especially financial models (such as cost/benefit & ROI analysis, operating cost models) or general financial management experience
- Prototyping & storyboarding, especially on low-code platforms - do you have a talent for whipping up a quick storyboard to explain a new process or customer experience/interaction? Even better if you can continue with the prototype and build it in a low-code environment like OpenText Process Suite (now called AppWorks)
- Business rules development - turning standard operating procedure activities or decisions into a set of statements that can be executed by a business rules engine. We are especially interested if you have Business Rules Management experience
- Significant and proven experience in business analysis with advanced analytical skills, and the ability to evaluate and resolve highly complex issues, translating complex ideas into audience appropriate language
- Business process design and improvement - modelling and/or simulating business processes in tools to identify bottlenecks and improvement opportunities. We are especially interested in your use of ir certification in lean six sigma or similar approaches to process improvement
- Knowledge of and experience with service design tools and techniques, such as the creation of customer experience maps and service blueprints
- Knowledge of and experience with agile delivery methods, preferably Scrum
- Knowledge of change management frameworks, such as Prosci ADKAR
In return, we offer a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
Applications close: Sunday 24 February 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Business Analyst.pdf (PDF, 878KB)
Follow us on