Project Manager | Auckland
- Project variety in a committed, friendly and professional team
- Take the lead on best practice project management
- Working for an organisation that is willing to be innovative
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success will depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. We're thinking and acting differently and have re-defined how we deliver value to New Zealand. There's no doubt things are changing; and it will be a constant factor as we continue to grow, evolve and adapt to our ever-changing environment.
System Design & Delivery Group (excl. EPMO) - Provides, improves and maintains an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers. A strategic emphasis: partner with others to develop solutions for customers that address system performance gaps rather than simply network link
This is a unique opportunity to use your first-rate engineering and management skills to contribute to the planning and development of transport networks in New Zealand. The role is multi-facetted, requiring strong leadership qualities to manage our suppliers project teams. This will involve close collaboration and engagement with other teams in the Transport Agency, local authorities, and a variety of stakeholders and partners. This is where your strong relationship skills will be key.
What you will bring
- Significant experience in project management, including programme, financial and risk management
- The ability to develop projects applying strong understanding of legislation and the business case approach
- Experience in managing contracts within the civil engineering industry and a sound understanding of NZS3910
- A collaborative and team focussed approach to project development
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
An engineering qualification and project management experience within the transport/engineering sector is desirable, as is a Chartered Professional Engineering qualification (CPEng or equivalent) and a professional membership of Engineering New Zealand.
Applications close: 26 June 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Project Manager.pdf (PDF, 574KB)
Follow us on