Commercial Transport Officer | Waikato
Commercial Transport Officer
- Utilise your experience in a regulatory or compliance environment
- Make a contribution to safer roads in New Zealand
- Drive compliance with operators in New Zealand
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The purpose of this role is to apply a risk based approach to addressing non-compliance where public safety could be at risk. Our focus is to ensure commercial operators are fully compliant resulting in a safer transport system.
This is your opportunity to educate operators and provide expert advice and enforcement action where non-compliance is evident. You will also audit and investigate licence and endorsement holders and produce reports that may be used in prosecution outcomes. Travel is a key part of this role and you will be out regularly engaging with operators in your region.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Experience working in a regulatory profession
- Investigative experience including auditing and interviewing operators
- The ability to use information and a range of data to problem solve
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy and other technical information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- The ability to write reports to a high standard
- Excellent influencing skills
- Knowledge of the transport industry
Applications Close: 31 March 2019
For further information please email: email@example.com
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Commercial Transport Officer REG PD March 2019.pdf (PDF, 227KB)
Follow us on