Commercial Transport Officer | Waikato
Commercial Transport Officer
- Utilise your experience in a regulatory or compliance environment
- Make a contribution to safer roads in New Zealand
- Drive compliance with operators in New Zealand
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
In our Transport Access Delivery Group, our aim is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management.
The purpose of this role is to apply a risk based approach to addressing non-compliance where public safety could be at risk. Our focus is to ensure commercial operators are fully compliant resulting in a safer transport system
This is your opportunity to educate operators and provide expert advice and enforcement action where non-compliance is evident. You will also audit and investigate licence and endorsement holders and produce reports that may be used in prosecution outcomes. Travel is a key part of this role and you will be out regularly engaging with operators in your region.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Experience working in a regulatory profession
- Investigative experience including auditing and interviewing operators
- The ability to use information and a range of data to problem solve
- The ability to interpret and apply legislation, policy and other technical information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- The ability to write reports to a high standard
- Excellent influencing skills
- Knowledge of the transport industry
Applications Close: 21 January 2019
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
No File Attached
Follow us on