Urban Mobility Programme Manager | Wellington
Urban Mobility Programme Manager
- Make a difference to the urban mobility outcomes of New Zealand
- Be an internal champion and influencer to support the Transport Agency in delivering healthier streets and better outcomes for active modes through business as usual processes
- Share national and international best practice to relevant groups to gain the best outcomes for active modes and liveable communities
- Locations: Auckland (preferred), Hamilton, Wellington or Christchurch
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The System Design and Delivery (SD&D) business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Working together as one team, our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
As an Urban Mobility Programme Manager you will provide strategic leadership to enable the delivery of the Government and Transport Agency's active mobility, place making and liveable community priorities to achieve better outcomes and safety, access, human health and the environment.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- At least 10 years working in the field of active mobility, placemaking or liveable communities
- Comprehensive track record that demonstrates an ability to enable the delivery of complex strategic outcomes through others
- Sound knowledge of the principles and best practice applied in the field of urban mobility, including urban design, coupled with a good understanding of the transport system and emerging shared and micro mobility solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multi-disciplinary urban mobility programmes that combine physical and social change to achieve positive community outcomes
- Strong understanding of New Zealand transport context at both local and national level, including funding and decision-making processes and regulatory frameworks
- Familiarity with best practice planning and design guidance for walking, cycling and public transport.
Applications close Thursday, 17 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Urban Mobility Programme Manager SDD PD Dec 2018.pdf (PDF, 906KB)
Follow us on