Senior Project Manager | Auckland
Senior Project Manager
- Opportunity to work on the delivery of multi modal transport solutions across New Zealand
- Bring your technical expertise and relationship building skills
- Apply best practice project methodology to ensure everyone gets home safely, every day
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The System Design and Delivery (SD&D) business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Working together as one team, our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
As a Senior Project Manager you will manage projects through the various stages of development including planning, procurement, construction and handover, ensuring all assigned projects contribute to the Transport Agency's business goal of delivering great journeys to keep New Zealand moving.
Playing a key role in a highly experienced and professional team, you will be involved in the successful development and delivery of new projects across the transport network ranging from small safety improvements to multi-million dollar highways. You'll use your experience to lead project teams and engage with customers, development partners and stakeholders including councils, iwi, landowners and transport system users.
This is also a great opportunity to put your sound understanding of health and safety principles into practice. Having a health and safety focus is a key part of today's project responsibilities so we are looking for someone who champions its importance and understands how it's woven into the fabric of our work.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong experience in project management, including programme, financial and risk management, ideally in the transport or engineering/construction sector
- Proven experience in managing consultants and contractors, within an engineering / project or construction industry environment
- The ability to work with teams to analyse problems and develop smart, customer-focused solutions
- Proven experience in effectively engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the processes involved in planning, designing and building
- Experience in transport system design and / or construction works
- Knowledge of procurement methods and the commonly used NZ forms of construction contract (eg NZS3910)
- The ability to build on existing industry relationships
Applications close: Sunday, 20 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Project Manager - SDD PD July 2018.pdf (PDF, 617KB)
Follow us on