Senior/Principal Rail Safety Officer - Licensing and Assessment | Wellington
Senior/Principal Rail Safety Officer - Licensing and Assessment
- Join a growing team focused on New Zealand's Rail Safety
- Drive safety outcomes specifically in licensing and assessments for new projects
- Work with a high energy, outcome focused team located in Wellington (but you can be based in Auckland or Christchurch)
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
We make sure that the industry that moves 30 million travellers and 15 million tons of freight per annum is compliant and safe. Our vision is ‘Safe rail to keep NZ moving' and we take our regulatory stewardship responsibilities seriously. We are dedicated to seeing the industry achieve high standards of safety and we do this through fostering strong and effective relationships. We are very responsive, work proactively across the industry and we individually take responsibility to deliver outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to deliver effective regulatory management through monitoring the compliance of rail license holders and rail participants. Senior Rail Safety Officers are expected to carry out the full range of regulatory functions to ensure the Transport Agency is effective in delivering its rail regulatory responsibilities.
In addition to the Senior/Principal Rail Safety Officer core responsibilities, the primary purpose of this role is to deliver specialist rail safety licensing and assessment services on behalf of the Transport Agency (audits and regulatory assurance). This position will also support the achievement of the business and regulatory objectives of the Rail Safety Team. This includes the attainment of the vision, ‘Safe rail to keep New Zealand moving', through the exercise of statutory interventions and other regulatory activities when necessary.
Amongst other responsibilities, here's a quick overview of this specialty:
- Manage, assess, advise, approve, monitor and repot rail license holders
- Impose and enforce statutory powers when required
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 5+ Years applied experience and knowledge in a relevant industry
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge in a transport or related industry.
- Experience in assessment (audit) planning, delivery and reporting.
- Detailed understanding of regulatory principles and practices.
- Experience using a range of regulatory interventions based on strong data analysis.
- Strong investigative, risk assurance or lead audit experience
- Significant regulatory compliance experience
Applications close 26th March 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Rail Safety Officer - Licensing and Assessment - WLT - November 2018.pdf (PDF, 1.00MB)
Follow us on