Property Manager | Waikato
- Bring your knowledge of property management in a corporate/government environment
- Opportunity to use your engagement and negotiation skills with a range of stakeholders
- Hamilton based
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The aim of the Corporate Services Group is to provide essential expert Technology, Risk Assurance, Property and Legal services to enable the Agency to run efficiently and realise our strategic goals.
The purpose of the role is to manage the Waikato regional state highway property according to sound commercial principles for an appropriate portfolio return and as the regions representative. The position will uphold and maintain as necessary the range of Property Services functions that contribute to our annual programmes and service delivery objectives. In particular this role includes managing property around legislative and Govt. policy matters, especially the requirements under the Public Works Act.
You will use your excellent stakeholder management skills to work closely with a number of internal and external stakeholders to help establish, monitor and deliver the Transport Agency's property programme and portfolio, supporting our 10 year State Highway plan. You will bring your knowledge of property management (ideally in a government or large corporate setting) and your desire to continuously how we do things in the property space.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a larger scale property service contract management environment from either a client or provider side including managing service providers (government experience is preferred)
- Experience and commercial acumen around property management particularly from a public sector property management perspective.
- An understanding of the issues involved in the purchase and sale of property for government use including and understanding of the Public Works Act and related Crown policy.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing significant relationships and engaging effectively with key stakeholders
- Provide strong initiative in thinking and problem solving, including an ability to scrutinise and uphold data integrity
- Strong communication skills
Applications close 20 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Property Manager Waikato CS PD Dec 2018.pdf (PDF, 1.05MB)
Follow us on