Senior Rail Safety Officer - Investigations - Christchurch | Canterbury
Senior Rail Safety Officer - Investigations - Christchurch
- We have two (2) positions to join a growing team focused on New Zealand's Rail Safety
- Drive safety outcomes specifically in regulatory and safety investigations for new projects
- Work with a high energy, outcome focused team located in Christchurch (but you can be based in Auckland or Wellington)
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
We make sure that the industry that moves 30 million travellers and 15 million tons of freight per annum is compliant and safe. Our vision is ‘Safe rail to keep NZ moving' and we take our regulatory stewardship responsibilities seriously. We are dedicated to seeing the industry achieve high standards of safety and we do this through fostering strong and effective relationships. We are very responsive, work proactively across the industry and we individually take responsibility to deliver outcomes.
The purpose of this role is to deliver effective regulatory management through monitoring the compliance of rail license holders and rail participants. Senior Rail Safety Officers are expected to carry out the full range of regulatory functions to ensure the Transport Agency is effective in delivering its rail regulatory responsibilities.
In addition to the Senior/Principal Rail Safety Officer core responsibilities, the primary purpose of this role is to deliver specialist regulatory and transport safety investigations services on behalf of the Transport Agency. This position will also support the achievement of the business and regulatory objectives of the Rail Safety Team. This includes the attainment of the vision, ‘Safe rail to keep New Zealand moving', through the exercise of statutory interventions and other regulatory activities when necessary.
Amongst other responsibilities, here's a quick overview of this specialty:
- Identify, plan, review and carry out investigations and conduct interviews if necessary for scene examinations, collection of evidence, victims, experts and witnesses
- Liaise with various government entities
- Prepare prosecution and manage case files
- Apply relevant risk assessment frameworks such ISO 31000
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 5+ Years applied experience and knowledge in a relevant industry
- Strong investigative experience, preferably in a transport or related field
- Significant experience in carrying out regulatory investigations
- Experience in managing files through the prosecution process
- Experience in managing investigations in novel subject areas
- Proven experience in risk management or assurance monitoring role
- Strong investigative, risk assurance or lead audit experience
- Significant regulatory compliance experience
Applications close 22nd January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Video link to use for Seek: https://youtu.be/r8lks0TlsOU [do not post this text in the ad]
PD Senior Rail Safety Officer - Investigations - AKL - November 2018.pdf (PDF, 1.05MB)
PD Senior Rail Safety Officer - Investigations - CHC - November 2018.pdf (PDF, 1.05MB)
Follow us on