Intelligence Analyst | Wellington
- Be part of a new function for the organisation at an exciting time
- Opportunity to work with a small focussed team which is building capability
- Bring your relationship management and critical thinking skills
- Intermediate level
At the NZ Transport Agency, we're transforming our organisation because the world is changing and we are working to better meet the needs of New Zealand. Technology is making rapid changes to the way people connect and the transport choices we have, and customers and business want faster, easier and more personalised transport services. We're transforming so we can make the most of the future opportunities for New Zealand - join us.
In our Transport Access Delivery Group, our aim is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management.
The purpose of the Intelligence Analyst role is to deliver intelligence products and outputs for the purpose of targeting risk and/or gaining insight into risk and opportunities for the Transport Agency. The team is newly formed and the current focus is delivery of actionable intelligence products in three main areas: Rail Safety, Road Corridor and Service Providers (WoF/ CoF and Driver Licensing) and is also an opportunity to be part of building the Intelligence function at the Transport Agency for both now and into the future.
This position is an Intermediate level role supporting the Risk & Intelligence Manager and the Senior Intelligence Analyst at an operational/campaign level (emerging issues, trends, local issues) which allows an assessment of risk areas for informing and focusing frontline compliance activities. This will ensure that the Transport Agency's efforts are prioritised and targeted to where they can deliver the best result.
What you will bring
You will enjoy using your relationship management skills to negotiate with stakeholders to determine requirements and priorities for intelligence products - this means you will be able to produce high quality written reports and be comfortable delivering briefings to stakeholders. You will have worked in a similar intelligence related role and you may have a NZ Diploma in Intelligence Analysis or be working towards it. You will have the opportunity to put your analytical and critical thinking skills to good use and you will be able to deal with ambiguity with your flexible and adaptable approach to work.
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Experience working in an intelligence related role (Minimum 2 years)
- Sound knowledge of the intelligence cycle and intelligence analysis
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience in preparing high quality written reports
- Experience in the delivery of a range of intelligence products to required quality and in a timely manner
- Experience in the use of analytical systems and applications
- Excellent relationship development and management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering briefings and other information to stakeholders
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of the land transport environment is an advantage
- Knowledge of risk profiling methodology is an advantage
- NZ Diploma in Intelligence Analysis or equivalent is highly desirable
- A tertiary qualification in relevant disciplines such as intelligence, science, law, economics or international relations is preferred
Please note that you must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance to the level of Confidential to be considered for this role.
Applications close: 21 November 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, contact email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Intelligence Analyst TAD PD September 2018.pdf (PDF, 954KB)
Follow us on