Principal Procurement Advisor - ICT | Auckland
Principal Procurement Advisor - ICT
- Lead the development of ICT and digital category strategies
- Add your commercial procurement experience and drive best practice
- Drive better outcomes through strong market knowledge and trends
- Based in Auckland or Wellington, New Zealand
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Procurement team is responsible for ensuring value for money outcomes across the transport industry.
This senior role is pivotal in providing proactive, high quality ICT procurement advice and support to senior leaders and management across the agency. Through effective engagement, you will help develop category strategies, innovative commercial approaches and best practice procurement to support the delivery of ICT business needs.
As a senior specialist in this field you will provide advice and support on a wide range of ICT procurement matters, as well as offering innovative and creative ways of meeting business needs through sound commercial practices. With an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ICT markets, industries and suppliers, you will provide the agency with sound market intelligence, trends, risks and opportunities.
You will comfortable managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of these critical services, including supplier performance, in addition to leading major digital and ICT procurements with the business.
Your strong understanding of the ICT world will support the development of best procurement outcomes and the adoption of new methodologies and solutions that enhance the way we work with our suppliers.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 5 - 10 years' ICT procurement or commercial experience
- Experience working in ICT projects and service delivery environments
- A detailed knowledge of Public Sector procurement
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- Experience in performance management and reporting
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Highly developed commercial acumen
- MCIPS or Tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent experience
This is an opportunity to contribute to a top class procurement practice resulting in strong partnerships on both a National and a Regional basis.
We are looking for candidates with a range of experience and are happy to provide relocation to offshore candidates that have the skills and experience that we are seeking. If you are interested learning more about the role or about what it's like to work for the New Zealand Transport Agency then we would love to hear from you.
This role can be based in Auckland or Wellington.
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below.
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must be eligible to obtain a relevant New Zealand working visa.
Follow us on