Principal Procurement Manager - Programme Procurement | Wellington
Principal Procurement Manager - Programme Procurement
- Lead a small team in the planning, sourcing and managing of infrastructure procurement outcomes
- Manage the delivery of the NZTA infrastructure procurement programme
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with suppliers and associated markets
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Procurement team is responsible for ensuring value for money outcomes across the transport industry and is a sector leader in the field.
We are looking for that 'someone' who has the experience in infrastructure procurement and is able to consider the existing ways we procure, look at other opportunities that could add value and then be able to blend them together to really drive our procurement practices forward.
The focus of this role is enterprise wide. You will lead a small team of procurement professionals to ensure best practice in the planning, sourcing and managing of the Agency's infrastructure procurement related projects and programmes of work.
This role works closely with other Agency staff to ensure alignment with strategies and ongoing management and development of supplier relationships.
To be successful in this role you will build on your existing relationships with other Government agencies along with building and maintaining strong relationships with the Agency's senior managers.
Your strong understanding of different industries will drive the development of best procurement outcomes and support methodologies and solutions enhancing how we work with our suppliers.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Minimum of ten years' procurement or commercial experience
- Experience working on projects and service delivery environments
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- Experience in performance management and reporting
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- MCIPS or Tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent experience
This is an opportunity to contribute to a top class procurement practice resulting in strong partnerships on both a national and a regional basis.
We are looking for candidates with a range of experience and are happy to provide relocation to offshore candidates that have the skills and experience that we are seeking. If you are interested learning more about the role or about what it's like to work for the New Zealand Transport Agency then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: 11 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to
Follow us on