Engineering Manager | Auckland
- Lead a virtual team of specialists
- Bring your passion for transport network safety
- Contribute to the delivery of the Safe Networks programme
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Safe Networks programme is a collaborative, prioritised programme of proven safety interventions on high risk routes across the country. This programme will use the safe system approach focusing on safe roads and roadsides, safe and appropriate speeds and safe level crossings.
The purpose of this role is to act as a technical leader in the development of the integrated New Zealand Transport Agency and Local Government Safer Network programme. You will work closely with local government and the Agency's road safety partners to contribute to the prioritisation and delivery of the programme across the entire transport network.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience managing and leading technical teams within the construction industry
- Extensive experience in project/programme management
- Strong financial and risk management
- Experience in engaging with key strategic stakeholders
- Experience with advanced procurement models
- Experience in managing contracts, ideally within the road transport area and a sound understanding of NZS3910
- Experience in analysing complex engineering problems and solutions is desirable
- Broad experience in road construction works and an in-depth knowledge of the processes involved in planning, designing and building is desirable
- An engineering qualification and project management experience within the roading/engineering sector is desirable
- A Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng or equivalent) and a professional member of Engineering NZ is desirable
- A current and valid New Zealand Driver's Licence (or equivalent) is preferred for this position
Applications close 18 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Engineering Manager SDD PD November 2018.pdf (PDF, 890KB)
Follow us on