Safety Engineer | Auckland
- Be part of group that makes a difference to road safety
- Contribute to high profile projects and improve our traffic and safety capability
- Locations across New Zealand
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. Our people work on a range of projects that make a difference to the lives of all New Zealanders and we need a mix of people with diverse skills and experience to get the work done.
The System Design and Delivery business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
Working with us, you have the potential to be involved with a variety of projects that will help shape our transport system across New Zealand.
The New Zealand Government has an increased focus on road safety and has made this a priority, the Agency is the lead deliverer of road infrastructure in New Zealand and we are looking for Safety Engineers across a range of experience.
We are significantly growing our safety team and we are looking for the best Safety Engineers to help us deliver an adaptable, integrated, safe, responsive transport system that will create great places to live, work and play.
As part of our team you will work alongside internal and external industry experts and provide technical advice and support. You will ensure that traffic and safety policies, procedures and standards meet our objective of delivering a network that is robustly developed, analysed and implemented.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, we are looking for a mix of the below experience:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Road Safety, Traffic Management and/or Road Design
- Ability to review, analyse and report on the status of work programmes, crash reporting and regulatory conformance
- Experience in road safety auditing and crash site investigations
- Well-developed project management skills and experience
- Well-developed research, analytical and technical skills
- Experience in contributing to technical documents
- Proven record of working within transport network systems policy and standards environment
- Experience in providing guidance and oversight of our external delivery partners
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (civil engineering, transport engineering, safety engineering, traffic or road design engineer
We are looking for candidates with a range of experience and are happy to provide relocation to off shore candidates that have the skills and experience that we are seeking. If you are interested learning more about the role or about what it's like to work for the New Zealand Transport Agency then we would love to hear from you.
We are reviewing applications as they come in so please do submit your interest as soon as possible.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must be eligible to obtain a relevant New Zealand working visa.
No File Attached
Follow us on