Area Programme Manager | Auckland
Area Programme Manager
- Build, motivate and lead a high performing team
- Work closely with Local Government
- 3 roles available based in Auckland, Hamilton and Christchurch
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Safe Networks programme is a collaborative, prioritised programme of proven safety interventions on high risk routes across the country. This programme will use the safe system approach focusing on safe roads and roadsides, safe and appropriate speeds and safe level crossings.
The purpose of this role is to lead the development of the integrated New Zealand Transport Agency and Local Government Safer Network programme within the designated area. You will work closely with local government and the Agency's road safety partners to lead the prioritisation and delivery of the programme in your area.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience managing and leading technical teams
- Extensive experience in project/programme management
- Strong financial and risk management
- Experience in engaging with key strategic stakeholders
- Experience with advanced procurement models
- Experience in managing contracts, ideally within the road transport area and a sound understanding of NZS3910
- Experience in analysing complex engineering problems and solutions is desirable
- Broad experience in road construction works and an in-depth knowledge of the processes involved in planning, designing and building is desirable
- An engineering qualification and project management experience within the roading/engineering sector is desirable
Applications close 18 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Area Programme Manager SDD PD November 2018.pdf (PDF, 910KB)
Follow us on