Senior Advisor | Wellington
- Opportunity to provide advice and guidance on our approach to internal communications
- Bring your strategic communications experience
- Wellington based
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Governance, Stakeholders and Communications group leads effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement, governance and reputation management.
As a Senior Advisor, your role is to support and provide advice and guidance on the Agency's approach to internal communications and engagement.
We are looking for someone to support the Manager, Internal Communications to help build understanding and alignment of our strategic communications. You will be joining a highly regarded, high energy and very professional and collegial communications group.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to step out of the business as usual and drive strategic communications at a senior level across an organisation that is undergoing significant change. This could also be an opportunity for a well-rounded advisor, ready to make the next move.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simple
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills, e.g: event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement and change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
Applications close Monday the 28th of May 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
PD Senior Advisor Internal Communications.pdf (PDF, 828KB)
Follow us on