Vehicle Specialist | Auckland
- Work with a passionate and high performing team
- Help keep people safe on our roads
- Contribute to work that is unique, stimulating and challenging
At the NZ Transport Agency it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In our Transport Access Delivery Group our aim is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management.
Work with the Transport Sector to provide vital knowledge and technical information to commercial vehicle operators, enabling and driving greater compliance.
You'll work with a range of operators to achieve compliance through a range of activities from education to enforcement. Your role will involve working with operators and colleagues to inspect vehicles. You will evaluate systems and processes to ensure safety and compliance standards across the commercial transport industry.
You will deliver presentations to operators and industry groups to articulate vehicle standards and compliance. On occasion, there will be the need to inspect heavy vehicles and work alongside other agencies such as the Police Commercial Vehicle Safety Team. As such, you will need a strong mechanical background.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience of commercial and heavy vehicle maintenance
- Recent experience in NZ of the commercial and heavy vehicle inspection industry
- Relevant trade qualifications and the ability to use a computer
- Experience in the operation of commercial and heavy vehicle fleets is an advantage
- The ability to write clear reports
- A positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
If you are keen to ensure safety on NZ roads and have the experience we are looking for, we are keen to hear from you.
Applications close Sunday 20 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
Vehicle Specialist PD October 2018.pdf (PDF, 828KB)
Follow us on