Project Coordinator | Auckland
- Opportunity to use your strong project coordination skills
- Support the Programme Manager and leadership team to deliver projects that have a national focus
- Be part of a supportive team
- Based in Auckland
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep NZ moving".
The Regulatory group ensures focused, clear, effective end to end regulatory systems management of risks and improve safety and regulatory outcomes by creating a primary accountability for regulatory management. The group is accountable for operational policy, entry, in-service performance, and exit functions to manage harms and risk. The group ensures the setting of clear and consistent expectations in terms of policy, practices, procedures and processes so that customers and regulated parties know what is expected of them and what to expect from us.
The purpose of this role is to support the Programme Manager and Service Providers leadership team to deliver projects that have a national focus in terms of geographic coverage, strategy or processes, along with implementing new business initiatives as directed by the Senior Manager, Service Providers The role will contribute to innovation for continuous improvement within the Regulatory Group and as directed in terms of agency wide projects.
What you will bring
- Your understanding of project management methodology and framework (notably PRINCE2)
- Demonstrated experience in a project coordinator role or similar
- Proven ability to provide excellent presentations and reports
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Your proficiency using Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word, Project and Visio
- Possess exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience with project management information systems (for example Psoda, i-Lign) preferable
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of file management, minute taking and other administrative procedures
- Proven experience working within a complex business or regulatory environment
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management
Applications close: Sunday, 2 June 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this position
Project Coordinator REG PD May 2019.pdf (PDF, 858KB)
Follow us on