Certification Officer | Canterbury
- Apply your vehicle certification and transport industry experience in a regulatory environment
- Champion compliance to create a safer network
- A new fresh focus for 2019
The aim of the Transport Access Delivery group is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management. The Regulatory Compliance group's purpose is to ensure regulated industry participants maintain high levels of compliance in relation to vehicle safety requirements and build a strong safety culture in the vehicles industry.
The purpose of this role is to ensure compliance with the vehicle certification sector by creating a culture of compliance through education, advice, deterrence and enforcement.
In this role you will be responsible for taking a proactive approach to safety compliance, through auditing industry participants, measuring their performance and taking the appropriate regulatory action where non-compliance is evident.
This is your opportunity to improve standards, systems and apply industry best practice. Drawing on your strong vehicle certification and transport industry experience and your understanding of the Vehicle Inspection Requirement Manuals (VIRM) we need you to apply current legislation and translate technical meanings into understandable language for providers, resulting in greater compliance.
You will bring:
- A proven track record within the vehicle certification and transport industry
- Working knowledge and understanding of the VIRMs for WOF/COF
- Experience in building and sustaining working relationships with the transport and vehicles sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as report writing
- An interest in using regulatory interventions to reduce harm
- Professional credibility and the ability to relate well to people at all levels
- The ability to address specific issues and find resolutions within the regulatory guidelines
- Investigation experience desirable
If you are interested in helping us deliver best practice compliance and enforcement too keep all New Zealanders safe we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: 20 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
No File Attached
Follow us on