Certification Officer | Auckland
- Apply your investigation skills and transport industry experience in a regulatory environment
- Champion compliance to create a safer network
- Based in Auckland
The aim of the Regulatory Group is to provide transport system surety through effective compliance processes, monitoring and management. The Regulatory Compliance group's purpose is to ensure regulated industry participants maintain high levels of compliance in relation to vehicle safety requirements and build a strong safety culture in the vehicles industry.
The purpose of this role is to investigate non-compliance within the vehicle certification sector, collect evidence, prepare and manage files, and follow through to prosecution if required.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting enforcement activities and operations in response to poor compliance and illegal activities. This will include the investigation of complaints, maintaining the chain of evidence and working with other key internal and external stakeholders within a legal framework.
You will draw on your strong experience within a regulatory environment and applying your knowledge of legislation and enforcement models, resulting in robust outcomes.
You will bring:
- A proven track record of investigation
- Experience in building and sustaining working relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as report writing
- An interest in using regulatory interventions to reduce harm
- Professional credibility and the ability to relate well to people at all levels
- Mechanical experience and knowledge of the vehicle certification and transport industry is desirable
If you are interested in helping us deliver best practice compliance and enforcement too keep all New Zealanders safe we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: 20 January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Certification Officer PD October 2018.pdf (PDF, 862KB)
Follow us on