Senior Advisor, Communications & Engagement | Bay of Plenty
Senior Advisor, Communications & Engagement
- Join a high performing team to deliver great transport outcomes in our communities
- Develop and implement communications and engagement strategies
- Role can be based in either Tauranga or Hamilton
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Governance, Stakeholders and Communications group leads effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement, governance and reputation management.
The purpose of the Senior Advisor role is to help connect people with the Transport Agency and champion our reputation through best practice engagement and communications. You'll offer advice and provide communications planning and delivery for a range of projects and programmes across our organisation so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals.
You will use your well-honed communications skills to tell great stories about how we're working with our partners to deliver one transport system for our customers. You'll get the opportunity to use your political savvy and excellent writing skills to develop and implement communications and engagement strategies to support the work the Transport Agency does across Waikato and the Bay of Plenty. You'll put your collaborative approach to use by working with senior internal stakeholders to provide strategic guidance to those representing the Transport Agency to our communities and stakeholders. You'll enjoy this strategic approach but you're also happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in at a community open day or opening event.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic communications and engagement planning and delivery at senior advisor level
- Experience in or exposure to an account/relationship management environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of communications and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Other specialist communications and engagement skills i.e. event management, marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, change communications
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
Applications close 16 October 2018
This role can be based in either Tauranga or Hamilton.
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Advisor Comms and Engagement GSC PD Oct 2018.pdf (PDF, 837KB)
Follow us on