- Join an organisation that is making a real difference to New Zealand
- Bring your financial and collaboration skills
- Palmerston North location
At the Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Investment & Finance group provides critical checks and balances to the Transport Agency's decisions and services - to ensure plans and investments represent best value for money.
Reporting to our Team Leader, Revenue and Refunds, we are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to assist with all financial activities associated with NZTA's various revenue streams such as those related to motor vehicle, driver licencing, road user charges, tolling and regional fuel tax.
This role will definitely keep you on your toes and we are needing a hardworking, confident team player who enjoys working efficiently to meet deadlines.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring;
- Sound experience in analysing financial information and making decisions based on this analysis.
- Experience in reconciling large volume general ledger accounts, reconciling to subsidiary/ source data systems and rectifying any variances.
- Computer literacy, and experience with MS office range of applications (e.g. word, excel).
- Proven experience with attention to detail and thoroughness of processing, recording, filing and retrieving financial information.
- Ability to manage workflows and prioritise accordingly.
You will be either working towards or have attained a financial qualification; and/or have experience in financial transaction and general ledger processing, banking and reconciliations.
This is an exciting time to join the Transport Agency. If you think you have the capability this opportunity requires, we would welcome your application.
Applications close: Thursday 25 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information please email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Finance Officer IF PD Oct 2018.pdf (PDF, 795KB)
Follow us on