Advisor - Board | Wellington
Advisor - Board
- Opportunity to gain experience working with Board members
- Showcase your exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Bring your initiative and enthusiasm
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Governance, Stakeholders and Communications group leads effective Transport Agency governance, stakeholder engagement and communications so that the Transport Agency is well supported to achieve its goals - ensuring good organisational storytelling, engagement, governance and reputation management.
The purpose of this role is to provide high-level, professional, timely and accurate support to our Board.
In this role you will work closely with the Lead Advisor Board and be responsible for arranging and supporting Board meetings, liaising and coordinating with external parties who are attending board meetings and manage their travel and accommodation arrangements as required. You will also provide effective day to day administration of the board budget, ensuring board member fees and other invoices are lodged for payment as well as managing daily board correspondence.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative environment
- Proven experience in a high-level support role with specific experience providing support to executive teams
- Advanced expertise in use of the standard Microsoft Office suite is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organisation skills and attention to detail
Applications close: 24 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Advisor Board GSC PD Sept 2018.pdf (PDF, 609KB)
Follow us on