Transport Technology Operations Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Transport Technology Operations Manager October 2018 - FINAL.pdf (PDF, 823KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2018|
- Join a modern and dynamic technology operations team that is supporting the future of Transport Technology in New Zealand!
- Lead a team of technical professionals that manage the digital technology and cloud infrastructure for the NZTA national network and its technology innovation.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to work alongside and support new technologies (such as IoT, connected vehicles, and mobility as a service platform) and the betterment of all New Zealanders!
- Can be located in either Auckland or Wellington, but must be able to travel between both on occasion.
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Connected Journey Solutions group aims to deliver step-change innovation for the transport system through digital technologies and to grow a product led value chain supported a world class design, engineering and operation teams across the Transport Technology Ecosystem. Work to also bring an innovative culture within the wider Transport Agency and wider sector.
Join us and help build the future of Transport Technology for the Agency and our customers. This is an exciting time to join the agency as we drive world class solutions, not only for the agency, but for New Zealand. You will work across the business and with vendors in the definition and delivery of IT Ops technology and its security while ensuring its quality, its sustainability and if it meets business needs.
We are looking for your extensive transport technology operations leadership both from a technical and professional perspective as you drive for excellence within the services you and your team provide.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience leading and managing technology operations teams, preferably in transport sector
- Leadership experience in a complex technology operations environment with significant expertise in sustainable technology operations (datacentres, private and public clouds ...etc.)
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of multiple modern technology operation methodologies (ITIL, Agile, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of technology operations frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in proactive risk management
- Operations change management skills
- Experience leading various vendors
This is a rare and challenging role, which will expose you to new technologies and draw on your experience both technically and from a leadership perspective. If you are up for the challenge apply now.
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
For a walkthough watch this video here: https://youtu.be/PBkfhMOdy6o
Applications close 18 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org