Network Manager | Nelson - Marlborough
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Network Manager October 2018.pdf (PDF, 899KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2018|
- Help create safer journeys for New Zealanders on the Marlborough District and State Highways networks
- Influence the standard of roading in Marlborough
- Network and contract management delivery focus
- The job is based in Blenheim but the responsibilities are the Marlborough region
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
As a Network Manager, your purpose is to provide expertise to support the Marlborough team and the Marlborough District Council Unsubsidised Roading Programme, as a corridor manager, financial manager and various asset management functions relating to the operation and maintenance of the State Highway and associated transport system.
The role will use strong analytical and asset management skills to ensure the Transport Agency is successful in delivering a safe transport system to our customers and Marlborough, whilst demonstrating value for money.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Technical and practical experience in Asset Management, maintenance and renewals practices for roading networks.
- A knowledge and understanding of delivering best value solutions within a constrained budget.
- An understanding of forward works programmes and experience of balancing competing priorities within forward works programmes (desirable)
- Asset data management and analysis
- Financial management and reporting.
- Experience at dealing with complex and sensitive issues in a political environment
- Knowledge of NZTA's systems, process and manuals, and of the relevant legislation and technical standards (desirable)
- Risk Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Able to collaborate with others and demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships to deliver agreed outcomes
A great opportunity to belong to an organisation that makes a difference to New Zealanders and Marlborough every day
Applications close 18th October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.