Senior Asset Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Asset Manager September 2018.pdf (PDF, 990KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2019|
- Help improve and manage New Zealand's road infrastructures, roadways and bridges!
- Apply your knowledge of roadwork to you passion of data and financial analysis and reporting.
- Participate in nationwide initiatives and projects!
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Asset Management team ensures the quality of New Zealand's infrastructure, roadways and bridges through the creation and improvement of maintenance programmes, intervention programmes and new projects and initiatives.
The purpose of this role is to drive improved asset management practice throughout the System Design & Delivery group. The Senior Asset Manager will take lead responsibility for development and ongoing implementation of the State Highway asset management plan through data analysis and reporting to assess deficits, trends and effectiveness of intervention programmes and through performance forecast modelling methodologies.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant experience in roading and asset/maintenance management and/or the development and use of performance measures.
- Some experience of predicting future performance of road network assets.
- Technical credibility and knowledge of and conversant with industry best practices
- Experience in dealing with the public, public meetings and media.
- Experience in managing external resources under formal contracts.
- Experience of the commercial operation of contractors and consultants and the drivers within a commercial contract framework.
- An advanced level of computing skills, and the use of Databases, Microsoft Word and Excel.
Applications close 22nd January 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Video link to use for Seek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGcbRD3zOoM&feature=youtu.be [do not post this text in the ad]