Community, Place and Business Manager (North and South Auckland) | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent full time|
|Attachments:|| Community Place and Business Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 916KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Oct-2018|
- Champion the Auckland Light Rail Work Programme in the community
- Establish and lead community engagement
- 2 Roles in North and South Auckland
The NZ Transport Agency is leading the delivery of the light Rail programme with immediate focus on the Auckland region. The Auckland Light Rail initiative is working in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport, and Homes. Land. Community (HLC). This is a key government initiative to provide more transport choices to support the work to create more accessible communities to live in.
This programme is a first for New Zealand that will provide a modern integrated public transport system with seamless connections and helping make Auckland's transport network comparable with international cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver and Portland.
Lead community and business engagement activities associated with Auckland Light Rail programme. In this role you will set strategic direction for an innovative engagement programme and lead the development of engagement with communities and businesses in your area
In this role you will establish and develop strong working relationships across the project team, leadership team and external stakeholders. You will ensure effective engagement with residents and businesses along the corridor as the project is developed and delivered and provide guidance and support to your team and peers across the project to ensure engagement activities are coordinated and aligned. You will be a voice for residents and communities, capturing them in project delivery, while also acting as an escalation point when required.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic engagement role at a manager level
- Proven ability to lead a team of people
- Strategic thinker well versed in relationship management with a range of stakeholders to good effect
- Comfortable presenting to senior management, local government and key stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of infrastructure projects and methods to manage impacts during delivery
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of engagement tools, techniques and channels for excellent outcomes
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
If you are passionate about delivering a ground breaking project to Auckland communities, and be part of this high profile project, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 29 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.