Stakeholder Engagement Manager | Auckland
Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Lead strategic stakeholder engagement for the Auckland Light Rail Programme
- High Profile Programme and a first for New Zealand
- Influence decisions, support initiatives and promote effective communication
The NZ Transport Agency is leading the delivery of the Light Rail programme with immediate focus on the Auckland region.
The Auckland Light Rail initiative is working in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport, and Homes. Land. Community (HLC). This is a key government initiative to provide more transport choices to support the work to create more accessible communities to live in.
This programme is a first for New Zealand that will provide a modern integrated public transport system with seamless connections and helping make Auckland's transport network comparable with international cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver and Portland.
In this role you will be charged with establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders who are working on, and impacted by the Auckland Light Rail project. Working closely with the wider Light Rail project partners, you will ensure effective engagement with key stakeholders and the wider business community.
This is a high profile role where you will be representing the project both through development and delivery of a strategic stakeholder engagement function, and the implementation of engagement techniques and strategies that improve and enhance the perception and experience of the project as it develops.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience in strategic engagement role at a manager level
- The ability to think strategically and be versed in relationship management with a range of stakeholders to good effect and strong political nous
- A solid track record presenting to senior management, local government and key stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of infrastructure projects and methods to manage impacts during delivery
- Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information clearly and simply
- Sound knowledge of engagement tools, techniques and channels for excellent outcomes
- Proven ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
- Previous exposure to successfully working in a collaborative/matrix environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
If you are keen to be part of the growth of Light Rail in Auckland, and passionate about working with a broad range of stakeholders, apply now.
Applications close Monday 29 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Stakeholder Engagement Manager - Light Rail PD.pdf (PDF, 990KB)
Follow us on