Lead Strategic Communications and Engagement Manager | Auckland
Lead Strategic Communications and Engagement Manager
- Lead engagement activities for the Auckland Light Rail Work Programme
- High Profile Programme and a first for New Zealand
- Tell an integrated Auckland Story
The NZ Transport Agency is leading the delivery of the Light Rail programme with immediate focus on the Auckland region. The Auckland Light Rail initiative is working in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport, and Homes. Land. Community (HLC). This is a key government initiative to provide more transport choices to support the work to create more accessible communities to live in.
This programme is a first for New Zealand that will provide a modern integrated public transport system with seamless connections and help make Auckland's transport network comparable with international cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver and Portland.
Develop lead and manage the internal and external communications and engagement strategy associated with Auckland Light Rail programme. In this role you will build and lead a high performing team that will deliver all communications, both internal and external, including digital, media and ministerial. You will provide strong leadership, empowering your team to deliver effective written and visual communications and messaging.
In this role you have key accountability for keeping key internal stakeholders involved and informed of the strategy and direction for the communications and engagement approach, and you will drive collaboration across national teams ensuring a consistent practice across the Agency's communication and engagement policies and protocols.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Experience at a senior level managing communication strategy in a large complex organisation
- Proven experience in leading, influencing and building credibility across a range of stakeholders, senior managers and their teams
- Strong expertise in developing communication strategies and work programmes
- In-depth understanding of the role that internal and external communications plays in the organisational culture
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
If you are passionate about driving communication across the Light Rail Programme, have the ability to develop and execute strategic communications activities we would like to hear from you.
Applications close Monday 29 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Lead Strategic Communications & Engagement Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 966KB)
Follow us on