Project Controls Lead | Auckland
Project Controls Lead
- Develop and lead project methodology for the Auckland Light Rail Project
- Groundbreaking programme for New Zealand
- Apply best practice PMO direction
The NZ Transport Agency is leading the delivery of the Light Rail programme with immediate focus on the Auckland region. The Auckland Light Rail initiative is working in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport, and Homes. Land. Community (HLC). This is a key government initiative to provide more transportation choices to support the work to create more accessible communities to live in.
This programme is a first for New Zealand that will provide a modern integrated public transport system with seamless connections and helping make Auckland's transport network comparable with international cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver, and Portland.
Take on the challenge and lead the Project deliverables for the Auckland Light Rail programme. Reporting directly to the Programme Director, you will establish and manage a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation, and reporting. Working across a range of internal and external relationships, you will be a trusted partner, leading and promoting a joined-up approach to the programme and ensuring delivery quality and timeliness.
This will be a challenging role in a groundbreaking programme for Auckland, and you will be a key person. You will facilitate workshops, training and forums within your portfolio and leading your team to deliver a quality outcome for the region. You will draw on your leadership skills to manage the activities of your direct team, and also the wider delivery teams and provide technical advice and ensure the Agency priorities are being met.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Leadership at a senior level in large and complex organisations with significant infrastructure related programme management expertise
- Experience with a Light Rail programme
- Transport programme and project management capability
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills through local government, Ministers of the Crown and Boards
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of strategic partners and the ability to lead innovation
If this is something that you might be interested in, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 29 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Project Controls Lead PD- Light Rail Programme (Aug 2018).pdf (PDF, 1.12MB)
Follow us on