Senior Manager, Software Engineering | Auckland
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
- Join a rapidly growing software development team who are building the future of Transport Technology
- Lead a team of Developers across backend systems, applications, big data, AI and computer vision.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to work alongside new technologies such as the driverless car, HD Mapping, The mobilityOS and use Computer vision to better understand our network performance.
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Our Connected Journey Solutions group aims to deliver step-change innovation for the transport system through digital technologies and to grow a product led value chain supported a world class design, engineering and operation teams across the Transport Technology Ecosystem. Work to also bring an innovative culture within the wider Transport Agency and wider sector.
Join us and build the future of Transport Technology for the Agency and our customers. This is an exciting time to join the agency as we drive world class solutions, not only for the agency, but for New Zealand. You will work across the business and externally with customers defining and delivering improvements though the adoption of an SRE approach and to the wider transport system by working on products such as our Mobility Platform, intelligent Transport Systems, our Future Transport Operations systems, the Future Transport and innovation labs.
We are looking for your extensive software development leadership both from a technical and professional perspective as you drive for excellence within the services you and your team of 30 provide.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Significant hands on, senior experience in Software Development
- Significant experience in management of development teams (SRE) in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in multiple modern project delivery methodologies
- Sound Cloud experience (Google Cloud and/or Amazon)
- Sound technical knowledge of Kubernetes and/or Firebase
- Familiarity with Machine Learning (TensorFlow) and Computer Vision (OpenCV/Nvidia)
- Experience in test driven development/design (TDD), continuous integration and continuous deployment
This is a rare and challenging role, which will expose you to new technologies and draw on your experience both technically and from a leadership perspective. If you are up for the challenge apply now.
This role is open to domestic and international candidates.
For an informal conversation please call Martin on +64 27 831 7999 or for a walkthough watch this video here: https://youtu.be/PBkfhMOdy6o
Applications closes on 17 October 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
Senior Manager, Software Engineering - PD September 2018.pdf (PDF, 930KB)
Follow us on