Senior Communications Advisor | Wellington
Senior Communications Advisor
- Environment where you will be challenged to learn and grow
- Join our passionate and dynamic team
- Wellington location
External Engagement & Communications is responsible for leading the Transport Agency's engagement and communications with our external stakeholders, partners and co-investors. Our team is a small and dynamic, working across the business to better understand our stakeholders, improving how we connect and work with them to achieve the outcomes being sought by their communities. Our role is to support the business in this work, provide them with advice and the tools to be successful.
We are the storytellers, developing the tools and channels that connect with our external audiences; and equipping our staff to not only tell our story but to develop better and more meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. We develop a range of products to tell our story through varied channels.
This is a key role within the team; you will take the lead on the delivery of some programmes of work within the local government area. We are looking for a smart operator who can think strategically, be unflappable under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, has excellent literacy and sharp political instincts. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking to engage and connect with a broad variety of audiences, including experience in tailoring messages to different audiences and channels.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the drive to deliver
- Experience in designing and delivering engagement strategies and plans. Excellent writing and editing skills and experience presenting complex information
- Sound knowledge of communication and engagement tools, techniques and channels
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning in the field of engagement and communications
- A tertiary qualification in communication or a related discipline
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team who will guide you through your professional development, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices.
Applications close : 28th May 2019
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Advisor Comms and Engagement GSC PD Sept 2018.pdf (PDF, 852KB)
Follow us on