Senior Design Practice Advisor | Auckland
Senior Design Practice Advisor
- Drive the planning, commissioning and successful delivery of business cases
- Provide advice on a range of policy and technical issues
- 1 year fixed term - with a possibility of further extension (3 year initiative)
- Based at any NZTA location
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand.
The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) is a $3 billion 3-year initiative to enhance economic development opportunities in regional New Zealand.
The PGF aims to lift productivity in the provinces. The priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
One of the tiers of the PGF is around Enabling Infrastructure. These are investments in regional infrastructure that enable regions to be well-connected from an economic and social perspective.
The New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) has a pivotal role in delivering PGF - through investment in transport projects which contribute to the priorities outlined above. The NZTA uses its Business Case Approach (BCA) to assess the ability of proposed transport projects to contribute to government objectives, deliver value for money and be ready to implement. The Design Practice & Solutions (DP&S) Team is responsible for providing pro-active BCA advice / support as well as Investment Quality Assurance (IQA) for senior decision makers.
The purpose of the role is to actively drive the planning, commissioning and successful delivery of Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) Business Cases that are undertaken by NZTA Project Teams and external consultants.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring
- Previous experience of working with Business Cases and the five case model.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Extensive advisory experience to senior decision makers
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with executive and senior
- Knowledge and experience in a relevant technical discipline such as transport planning, civil engineering, economics or environmental management.
A tertiary qualification in transport planning/economics or other relevant discipline is essential
Our environment is innovative and forward thinking and what we do makes a difference to New Zealanders every day.
If you are looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close: Wednesday, 17 October 2018
To apply for this position and view the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information email email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Senior Design Practice Advisor SDD PD Sept 2018.pdf (PDF, 869KB)
Follow us on