Principal Procurement Advisor - Provincial Growth | Wellington
Principal Procurement Advisor - Provincial Growth
- Drive the planning, sourcing and managing of infrastructure procurement outcomes
- Manage the delivery of the Agency's infrastructure procurement programme through a provincial growth lens
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of key contacts, internal and external
- Based in Wellington, New Zealand
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Procurement team is responsible for ensuring value for money outcomes across the transport industry and is a sector leader in the field.
We are looking for ‘that' person who has the drive and ability to work with our regional teams, understand the nuances that each face and provide on point infrastructure procurement advice and support.
The focus of this role is enterprise wide. Applying a provincial growth lens you will manage the delivery of the Agency's infrastructure procurement related projects and programmes of work.
This role works closely with other Agency staff to ensure alignment with strategies and ongoing management and development of supplier relationships.
To be successful in this role you will build on your existing relationships with other Government agencies along with building and maintaining strong relationships with the Agency's senior managers.
As a subject matter expert in trends, acquisitions, development of the industry, health checks and insights you will lead this space, identifying risks and opportunities where we develop markets and different strategies at a range of levels from commercial to local government.
Your strong understanding of different industries will drive the development of best procurement outcomes, supporting methodologies and solutions to enhance how we work with our suppliers.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Minimum of ten years' procurement or commercial experience
- Experience working on projects and service delivery environments
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- Experience in performance management and reporting
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline or equivalent experience
This is an opportunity to contribute to a top class procurement practice resulting in strong partnerships on both a national and a regional basis.
We are looking for candidates with a range of experience and are happy to provide relocation to offshore candidates that have the skills and experience that we are seeking. If you are interested learning more about the role or about what it's like to work for the New Zealand Transport Agency then we would love to hear from you.
For a copy of the position description, please see attachment below.
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must be eligible to obtain a relevant New Zealand working visa.
Follow us on