Principal Network Manager | Wellington
Principal Network Manager
- Create safer journeys for New Zealanders
- Influence the standard of roading in the Wellington region
- Lead the network management delivery focus for Wellington
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
In our System Design & Delivery Group, we aim to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Building, maintaining and operating a safe, reliable and resilient state highway network is our top priority and everything we do is aimed at delivering a better, safer customer experience.
The purpose of this role is to lead the network management team in Wellington and Nelson/Tasman region in managing the stewardship of the highway network to ensure maintenance and operations of the network is managed effectively.
This is your opportunity to manage a small team of Network Managers to ensure the highway network is managed effectively and efficiently.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Proven experience in building, motivating, leading a high performing team
- Demonstrated experience in Asset Management, pavement design, maintenance and renewals practices' knowledge and understanding of delivering best value solutions within a constrained budget Proven technical asset and maintenance management and pavement knowledge
- Experience in working across central and local government
- Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in risk management, time management, budget management and commercial acumen
- Proven project management and negotiation skills
- Experience in transport sector
- Knowledge of the Transport Agency's systems, process and manuals, and relevant legislation and technical standards is desirable
- A relevant tertiary education - Bachelor of Engineering or similar technical qualification
In return we can offer a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is Collaborative, Customer Focused and Curious.
We would love to hear from you!
Applications close : Sunday, 30 Sept 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Network Manager SDD PD Sept 2018.pdf (PDF, 874KB)
Follow us on