Manager, Financial Processing | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed term full time|
|Attachments:|| I&F_Manager_Financial_Processing.pdf (PDF, 842KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2018|
- Work in a high trust environment where you can take ownership for your deliverables
- Bring your expert relationship management skills
- Manage a collaborative and passionate team
- 8 months fixed term maternity cover
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time. Building the culture and capability to embrace that changing environment is critical to delivering our strategic commitment of "great journeys to keep New Zealand moving".
The focus of the Investment and Finance group is to manage the investment and financial management processes and systems and to provide on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
You will have responsibility for managing the financial processing of our high volume accounts payable function as a one stop shop for all financial processes and transactions.
Some of your accountabilities will include:
- Provide leadership for a current team of ten, with oversight to the accounts payable and some accounts receivable transactions
- Ensure robust financial controls and accountabilities
- Ensure processes and systems are reviewed and fit for purpose
- Provide expertise to the development and implementation of digitised financial processing systems
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with business groups, external suppliers and Government Agencies.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Senior management experience in a financial role, within a large organisation
- Strong relationship management skills with key stakeholders and internal customers
- Subject matter expertise in financial processes and finance support systems
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience
In return we are offering a competitive salary, a professional and committed team, and an excellent working environment that provides flexible employment practices. Come and help us build our new culture that is focussed on being Collaborative, Customer Focussed and Curious, we would love to hear from you!
Applications close: Sunday 23 September 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply go to: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.